Sunday, April 14, 2013

Was Margaret Thatcher really that bad?

Earlier this week, Britain lost it's one and only former female Prime Minister, Margaret Thatcher but instead of mourning her passing, they are instead partying and rejoicing and this somewhat concerns me greatly.

They are rejoicing because what they believe was and still will always be "the wicked witch" to be finally dead. I mean they have ensured that an old song from the Movie, Wizard of Oz is spear-heading to the top of charts with "Ding, Dong, the witch is dead".

I have to say this concerns me and also make me feel very sorry and upset of the family who have lost such a dearly loved person in their lives, but have to put up with such hatred and utter nonsense. It make me wonder if some people actually have a brain or if they just seem to think that this kind of behavior is acceptable at al..

For me it is appalling, but with that said, I haven't personally been affected nor am part of the country she once ruled over so to speak.

But I do want to, however, reflect on some of the things I think she has done well at for Britian and its fellow countrymen, women and children and how her legacy still somewhat lives within today's modern political underworld I guess you can say.

Looking at what dubbed 'Iron Lady', Margaret Thatcher did in some ways help give Britain the good, well deserve kick in the ass I think it needed back then. I mean Britain was down, crying like a baby who needs their nappy change or to be fed or burped, but no one knew what to do back then.

Yeah she did massive budget cuts in which did cut services and jobs through what was a bad recession, but it doesn't compare to the current recession nowadays that Britain is experiencing and only then that is because the pound is where it should be whilst the Euro dollar is highly inflated, but I digress.

She lead Britain into the 21st century, having cut spending of which needed to be done to bring the country back into the green or black by financial standards. She also stood stedfast and firm against the Argentinians when they tried to invade the Falkland Islands.

She also made it clear that women can do the same job as men and become Prime Ministers or Ministers. She wasn't scared to get her voice across and I think that did in some degree scare the male politicians, because there was a change of the guard.

I do also believe that she wasn't afraid to tell the truth to the people as well and explain her reasons, which in this day and age is lacking quite a bit if you ask me.

So as you can see, I do honestly believe Margaret Thatcher did do some good things and make Britian once again a stronger and more prouder nation, that is until now, with those people who want to be so stupid singing and praising her death. To me that is just wrong and shows how bad their society really actually is.

So I say this, is it really and honestly worth the bad naming, reputation and down right despicable act to praise such a wonderful person's death over some little if not old or previous experience?

I would say in all honesty no, but I shall leave you to ponder that thought deeply.

I would also like to take this opportunity to pass on my sympathies and condolences to the family and friends of the late former Prime Minister of Britain and Baroness Margaret Thatcher. May she finally be at rest and out of any pain or suffering. My thoughts are with you during this hard and extremely emotional time

No comments:

Post a Comment